Sunday, February 21, 2010

Workin' Mama

Where have I been lately and why haven't I blogged since last August? Well besides the fact that I was never really great at blogging in the first place. I started working exactly 3 months ago today. What started out as a couple days a week has slowly been taking over most of my free time. I barely have time to take pictures much less upload them and then blog about them. LOL Working has been a major transistion in my household. Brian is now responsible for a lot more and I am now a contributing monetarily to our family. Some things have been neglected in the transition, but both brian and I are making sure that the girls are not one of those things. Working with kids has been harder than I ever imagined. I have always been the type that enjoyed work and can see the positive in any job, but I never anticipated the guilt that would come over me when both girls cling to my legs not wanting me to go or the sad looks that that would flash on makenzie's face when I say yes to her question of, "mommy do you have to work tonight?" It hasn't been all bad though. I LOVE my job. I feel like in many ways I am making a difference in the lives of others. I love connecting with people and hearing the stories that my residents tell and hearing about their lives before coming to live at our facility. The work itself can be challenging especially when in the short three months I have worked there I have already been bit by a resident and pushed through a door almost into a wall because the resident wanted to leave. Both of these instances imediately made me want to quit, but I get plenty of hugs, kisses, I love you's and thank you's to make up for the bad. Not sure where I am headed in the working world, but wherever it is I hope that it gets a little easier on our family and it continues to be worthwhile!

1 comment:

The Neerings Family said...

Working outside the home or staying home...I've done both too and they are both hard. I wish there was an easy answer. Oh wait, there is...If I won the lottery I wouldn't feel guilty for staying home because we'd actually have money! Guess that won't happen! Well, we just do what we gotta do.