Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Animal LOVE

Among other things, last week me and the girls went shopping at old Navy. they were having a sale on dresses and skirts so I wanted to stop by and see if I could find anything. The first thing Madison sees is the Manequins standing at the front of the store. They are the ones in the commercial with the moms and dads and kids and a DOG!!! Madison was hooked. We spent at least fifteen minutes while Madison hugged the "kids" and pet the "dog". I had to drag her away so I could, heaven forbid, shop for clothes. Makenzie was waiting to see the doggie on the bench so we eventually made our way to the kids section, but there was no dog. Makenzie was so bummed. I got them bouncie balls to keep them occupied (big mistake bc every 2 seconds I was chasing after someone's ball) while I finished shopping. As we made our way to the dressing room Makenzie screamed, "there he is!!!!!!" The dog was in the dressing room. the girls ran over and spent the next ten minutes sitting with the dog. Makenzie asked if I could take their picture so here it is.

Following the animal theme, Madison has been working on her animal sounds. I thought it would be cute to take a video of her practicing. (Please excuse the laundry in the background...it was laundry day!)

Okay so NO video... i started posting this at 3:00 and it is now 7:30 and is still not uploaded. I will edit this later

5 comments:

Jessica Stoker said...

That is so funny because Jackson loves that dog too. He always plays with it when we go to old navy.

Jill Carilli said...

That is SO funny that Madison was hugging the kid mannequins and obsessed with the dog. That is so funny! Ella would probably like the dog but not the kids. They might creep her out. I also laughed at loud at the ball thing as seriously I can picture you in my head in the store chasing them. I love that I get a glimpse of my future life with both girls when I am with you or hear your stories... sort of prepares me for the next storm! XOXO

The Coger Family said...

Haha I swear I really must have looked ridiculous bc we were in the store forever and spent almost all of our time making out with manequins and me running all over looking for small rubber balls.

Brooke W said...

Shopping with two kids is quite the challenge! The girls are so cute! Did you end up getting any clothes for them? I always say that even though I don't work our a lot, chasing after a toddler burns far more calories than a stupid treadmill!

The Coger Family said...

I ended up with two shirts for me and a father's day present for brian.