Saturday, April 11, 2009

Date Night



Last night was so great. Me and Brian had our first date night in over 2 years. Moving to Arizona was hard for both of us because we were leaving our families behind. We quickly found out that our occasional nights out and little breaks from parenthood were gone. We didn't know anyone well enough to have them baby sit so one of us always stays home to watch the girls, but last night my mom watched the girls and Brian and I headed out to dinner with some friends. I haven't seen my friend belinda in months and it was wonderful catching up with her and meeting her new boyfriend. We actually were able to engage in adult conversation and talk about something other than kids. After our dinner we headed to the movies. This was HUGE for us. We have not been to a movie together in over 3 years. We watched The Haunting in Connecticut which was okay, but it felt amazing to be out. Brian and I were actually able to hold hands act like a couple again. Usually, because we have 2, we are running after one kid or the other and holding their hands, pushing strollers, etc. It was definitely a nice change! I wish we had taken some pictures, but I forgot! Anyways, we had a great time

2 comments:

Adrianna and Mackenzie said...

I am so glad to hear about this Michella! I am glad you all are doing good and that you were able to get out! You all needed it! And if you two ever wanna get out I will for sure come over and watch the two little munchkins! =)

Jessica Stoker said...

I am so happy for you. Dating is one of the most important things that we have found to keep our marriage and romance together.